Our Client is a high-end furniture company which is located in the heart of the CBD. They are currently on the lookout for an experienced Warehouse Manager to join their team and take charge of the day to day operations. The Warehouse is located in the Eastern Suburbs of Melbourne. You will be as comfortable being 'hands on' on the floor, leading by example as you are conducting strategic meetings with senior management. You will inspire and motivate your team and represent the entire Warehouse and Distribution division of the company on a state level.
Working with each of our Warehouse Assistants you will:
- Review, analyse and (where required) re-design warehouse layouts to meet short and long-term business requirements. (We currently have 2 new warehouses under construction.)
- Create, manage and reforecast annual warehouse budgets.
- Review, implement and manage workplace safety standards.
- Control costs through ensuring productivity of warehouse staffing, efficient use of storage space and proper protection of stored products.
- Implement LEAN management principles into Warehouse environment.
- Be instrumental in the design, proposal and implementation of logistic and supply strategies, guidelines and procedures to meet and support short and long-term business requirements.
- Ensure a seamless information flow between the Sales Team and our customers.
- Manage drivers and ensure all deliveries are completed on time and with care.
- Manage and motivate direct reports. Review and assess performance and support ongoing development.
- Responsible for enforcing policies of conduct and safety and initiating corrective and or disciplinary action.
To be considered for this role, you will possess the following:
- Extensive experience in End to End Warehouse / DC Management
- Business Acumen
- High level of Integrity
- Communication - Clear and concise, written and verbal
- Experience in handling fragile items
- A Team-player ethic
- Quality/attention to detail
- Positive work ethics
- Enthusiastic/hard working
If you are interested in this or similar roles with Australia's leading sales & marketing recruitment firm, please APPLY NOW in WORD FORMAT with a covering letter or send your resume direct to Denise Kostoulias - email@example.com