Our client is a clear leader within their niche space in the Technical Construction market. They are a well respected and highly reputable company with nearly 100 years expertise in their field, who are currently expanding their presence across Australia. Working from their Melbourne office, the main focus of this position is to drive sales, and to manage and grow existing and prospective clients in the commercial construction channel.
As Technical Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for a mixture of Business Development, Technical Sales, Client Liaison, Tender Preparation/Submission, Engineering Design, Project Engineering and the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Vic operation. Reporting to the National Sales & Engineering Manager, some of your key business objectives include:
- Leading from the front winning business, projects and by maintaining strong relationships with clients throughout Australia. Typically, these would include Major Builders, Architects, Structural / Acoustic Engineers, Contractors, Resellers and OEM's
- Researching future business in terms of market development, selling, competitive pricing and other factors that influence the buying decisions of target customer groups
- analysing site/client specific requirements to provide effective solutions
- Achieving adequate profit margins and sales targets
- Successful delivery of multi-scaled projects within Australia LI.
- Project proposals, quoting, tender preparation and submissions LI.
- Liaising between the Engineering team (based Melbourne) and the National Sales Manager to provide tailored solutions to individual clients needs
What's on offer?
To the successful candidate is the opportunity to become an integral member of the team with ongoing development and support. Your drive for success will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration in the region of $90,000 - 120,000 p/a, performance related bonuses, fully maintained company car and superannuation
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Extensive client facing Sales background (minimum 5 years)
- Ideally but not essentially an engineering degree
- Must have a background in the Construction industry with external building products / materials
- Proven experience in writing specifications, executing and exceeding sales budgets that include clear objectives and sales outcomes
- Exposure to customer relationships and contract management
- Key contacts locally with Architects, Consulting Engineers, Commercial Builders and Contractors
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
To apply for this position please submit your WORD formatted application (resume & covering email outlining your experience) to email@example.com