Senior Estimator | Commercial - Retail | Inner City
Relatively new to the NSW Construction market, this Tier 2 contractor specialise in commercial, retail, hospitality and healthcare fit-out and refurbishments and within a few short years have already proved to be a leader in this sector.
This organisation has a core set of values and beliefs that reflect who they are and how they behave within four key areas. These values help to determine culture fit and candidate suitability as for them, getting the right person on board is paramount. Skills can be learnt/taught, but culture fit cannot.
The team is now on the search for a Senior Estimator to join the business to manage and deliver projects in line with the project documentation, ensuring quality and safety requirements are always adhered to. Internally the role will liaise with the BID Coordinator, Financial Controller and Project Managers, and externally will hold key relationships with clients, subcontractors, consultants, WorkCover and building managers. This role will also have an Estimating Cadet report directly into it.
- Prepare tenders, detailed estimates, cost plans and analysis, scopes of work and responding to subcontractors' queries
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material take-offs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation's for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analysing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
- Validate new sub-contractors and suppliers before submitting their price
- Have a full understanding of all sub-contract quote inclusions and exclusions
- Manage review packages supplied by sub-contractors and suppliers
- Proactive involvement in post tender negotiations
- Be confident to brief the project delivery team upon reward of tender prior to start of construction
- Be responsible for final review of complete tender documentation prior to submission
- Demonstrated experience and proven success in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications within a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will not require direct supervision, will be capable of performing all aspects of cost estimating autonomously
- Be able to read and interpret engineering specifications, design drawings and contracts
- Will be a team player
If this position interests you, or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please email Emma Chaffey - Emma@denovo.com.au.
All applications and conversations are confidential and no personal information will be released without your prior consent