<span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span><span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span><span id="mce_marker" data-mce-type="bookmark"></span><span id="__caret">_</span>Senior Estimator | Healthcare - Education | East Ryde
This NSW based construction group specialise in fit-out projects within the healthcare, education and commercial sectors. This company place high emphasis on providing quality and creating value for each of their clients and aim to have limited to zero defects at handover.
This group pride themselves on working with the best tradespeople in the market which has proved successful in them being able to maintain their reliability and quality that they have become known for.
This East Ryde based group are seeking a Senior Estimator to join the team to manage the team of 3 and work closely with the Financial Controller, Project Managers and Contract Administrators. Externally the Senior Estimator will liaise closely with clients, subcontractors and consultants.
- Prepare tenders, detailed estimates, cost plans and analysis, scopes of work and responding to subcontractors' queries
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material take-offs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation's for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analysing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
- Validate new sub-contractors and suppliers before submitting their price
- Have a full understanding of all sub-contract quote inclusions and exclusions
- Manage review packages supplied by sub-contractors and suppliers
- Proactive involvement in post tender negotiations
- Be confident to brief the project delivery team upon reward of tender prior to start of construction
- Be responsible for final review of complete tender documentation prior to submission
- Demonstrated experience and proven success in a similar role
- Tertiary qualifications within a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will not require direct supervision, will be capable of performing all aspects of cost estimating autonomously
- Be able to read and interpret engineering specifications, design drawings and contracts
- Will be a team player
If this position interests you, or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please email Emma Chaffey - Emma@denovo.com.au.
All applications and conversations are confidential and no personal information will be released without your prior consent