With just under 30 years in the market, this builder has positioned themselves as a market leader, and developed a very strong reputation for delivering high-end projects in the mid-tier market.
Having an exceptional pipeline of projects, they are seeking an experienced Senior Estimator to join the already high-performing team in place.
About the opportunity:
- Identify and select suitable tender opportunities in line with the Construction department's strategic objective
- Review and analyse tender request documentation, to understand the tender scope of work and contract specific requirements.
- Identify and present areas of risk to throughout the tender review processes.
- Read, understand and interpret construction plans, schedules and specifications.
- Communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and internal trade supervisors to obtain project-specific quotes.
- Review and analyse subcontractor quotes to ensure compliance with tender documentation and develop competitive tender pricing.
- Complete take-offs to calculate material quantities.
- Develop and detail project-specific construction methodologies.
- Assist with compiling qualitative criteria requirements for tender submissions.
- Prepare, review and submit competitive quotations and tender offers.
- Innovate, through the introduction of new ideas and alternative methodologies.
- Meet with established and potential clients and attend site briefings, to gain an understanding of job requirements.
- Provide accurate monthly tender performance reports
- Lead and provide support to the Estimating Team.
- Diploma in Building and Construction, Estimating or Project Management
- Minimum of five years experience in building or construction estimating.
- Previous experience/familiarity with estimating and take-off software, such as Planswift.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Project and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong technical and construction knowledge.
- Solid negotiating skills.
- Ability to work to strict and occasionally conflicting deadlines.
- The ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, with a solid focus on maintaining positive relationships.
To apply, please submit your up to date resume inclusive of recent significant projects and values to Rhys.Ashwell@Denovo.com.au. Alternatively, apply through the link below. For a confidential chat regarding your career future, call Rhys on 0413 914 059.