About the business
A well-established tier 2 Commercial construction business is looking for a Senior Estimator for a mix of Industrial, Education, and Infrastructure projects.
Their head office is based in Melbourne's Eastern Suburbs and boasts an extensive portfolio of current & future projects evenly spread across Education, Health and Defence projects.
Due to the business's continued success, business growth and continued focus on business development our clients are looking to grow their Estimating team with an experienced Construction Estimator.
About the role
We are searching for a confident, industry-experienced individual who demonstrates the ability to work well within a structured, team-orientated culture.
The role will see you join our close-knit & team-orientated estimating team lead by an experienced & approachable Manager.
You will be exposed to a varied array of different Commercial construction projects where your responsibilities will include:
- Contract & Specification Review for each allocated project
- Liaising with Construction teams to assess project conditions & required inclusions
- Managing & assessing of the Quotation process for each allocated project
- Liaising with external Consultants, Suppliers & Contractors to ensure all elements of the project are captured
- Compiling preliminary comparative pricing and preparing accurate base cost for projects
- Completing quantity take-offs for each allocated project
- Compiling & reviewing of BOQs, purchase orders & supplier/trade pricing
- Raising Project ETO's as required
- Complete set tasks and achieve job targets within designated time frames
You can expect to be rewarded with a competitive starting salary that offers future growth as well as exposure to a variety of projects.
You will be supported by senior management every step of the way to ensure a comfortable integration with the company along with ongoing technical & hands-on training.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have to demonstrate:
- Commercial new build estimating experience as a first-principles estimator.
- Aged care, offices, community, and education project experience
- Needs to have a tertiary qualification
- Needs D&C experience
- Expert in Cubit/Buildsoft
- Needs detailed cost plan experience (not just Sqm rates)
- Excellent time management skills & the ability to maintain accurate documentation
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to liaise with external Consultants, Suppliers, Contractors & Clientele