Exclusive to Denovo, our client is a Tier 2 General Contractor specialising in commercial fit-outs and refurbishments across Australia. With over 15 years of success and project wins, largely through referrals and word of mouth, they pride themselves on their workmanship, transparency with clients and their ability to work within complex environments.
The business is going through a planned expansion currently, which has created an immediate need for a Senior Estimator to join the business. The Senior Estimator will be responsible for leading the existing estimating team of 3 and work towards moving into the Estimating Manager position. This will remain a hands-on position so will require the skills of an experience fit-out/refurb estimator that also has some team management experience.
- Liaising with project management division, sub-contractors, consultants and clients during the tender stage and continuing this on throughout the construction stage
- Being aware of upcoming projects/tenders and ensuring proposals are submitted on time
- Prepare quotes and tender documentation
- Attend site visits for tenders
- Build effective relationships with team members, internal and external customers, suppliers and sub-contractors
- Have a thorough understanding of fit-out and refurbishment projects ideally within healthcare, education and corporate offices
The Successful Candidate
- Will have extensive estimating experience working with the same or few employers
- Will have a minimum of 6-8 years' estimating experience, ideally 3-5 years in a senior capacity
- Experience in working on projects within health, education, commercial office spaces, heritage, retail, automotive and industrial
- Be a team player and will respect others opinions
- Must have fit-out and/or refurbishment experience
- Will have experience working on projects up to $80million
- Will have a collaborative attitude and will work well within a team environment
- Bachelor's Degree or associated Degree or Diploma would be beneficial
Benefits and Salary Package
- Above market package on offer
- Flexible working environment, a healthy work/life balance is promoted
- Opportunity to help grow and develop a strong estimating team
- Exposure to niche, complex projects
If you have the skills and experience necessary to be successful in this position, or you would like to discuss in more detail the specifics of the role, then please do not hesitate in applying. This role is immediately available and is a permanent position.
If you would prefer, you can send your confidential application to email@example.com
All applications and conversations are confidential, and no personal details will be shared without your prior consent.