This contractor is of elite status in the Australian market. They are looking to take advantage of all of the state and federal government investment in infrastructure to help pull Victoria and Australia out of the COVID recession. The company's long-term on-going success and resilience can be attributed to their strategic approach of winning successful and historic projects enabling them to develop the country and employ tens of thousands of Australians.
They currently require a Senior Estimator to join their highly driven team to assist in the bidding of major infrastructure projects in Victoria and Australia.
Join a leading organisation & be their first point of attack by helping the contractor formulate a competitive winning bid to ensure continued success.
You will be reporting to the estimating manager directly. The estimating manager has an envious resume and most importantly, is very welcoming and always available to help and support his team in any way he can. He really does relish in the success and growth of others and is revered for his attitude and mentor in return.
Your education, experience, skill, professional enthusiasm and motivation will hold the key to success with this application.
As such, the successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering
- At least 7 years estimating experience in the civil engineering industry
- Demonstrated ability in comprehension and interpretation of contractual documents, specifications and drawings
- Broad experience in estimating, project planning and resource scheduling for civil engineering works
- Extensive knowledge and experience in contract tendering procedures
- Practical knowledge of OHS, Employment Relations, Environmental responsibilities and QA
- Management techniques & principles
- Achieve business objectives by preparing well documented, accurate and timely estimates.
- Continue to build and enhance the organisation’s estimating databases including supplier contact list.
- Implement new or refined processes and techniques to improve the quality and outcome.
- Maintain and improve a consistent estimating approach by the systematic use of standard databases, templates and filing systems.
- Deliver agreed KPIs on a number of concurrent tenders and estimates by effectively managing time and resources.
- Co-ordinate resources including take off of quantity and survey
- Gain a competitive edge by producing engineering works estimates and tenders from first principles
You will be well looked after and rewarded – this contractor has a proven track-record of retaining and rewarding staff. As a power-house in the Australian market, staff are given all the necessary resources, support with training and development programs on offer coupled with a wide range of development opportunities and regular career reviews.
In return you can expect a generous salary package, new laptop computer, new phone, annual bonuses and regular career reviews. Most importantly, this company embraces a friendly work/lifestyle environment with great flexibility.
Your application will be kept confidential and your details will not be passed onto a third party without your consent.
To apply now, please click on the link provided or send your resume directly to: email@example.com
You're also welcome to call Yianni any time on: 0403 227 773 for any further information or to have a friendly chat about your career.