Senior Environmental Consultant
Our Client is a national leader in environmental management in the mining and engineering sectors who provide solutions that begin at the intersection of community and creativity.
Due to continued growth they are looking to add an Environmental Approvals Consultant to the NSW team.
The successful candidate will have experience in the environmental consulting industry within NSW, planning approvals pathways experience, specifically REF’s and EMP’s in the mining and resourcing sector
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in environmental science, environmental management, environmental planning, resource management, environmental engineering or another relevant discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience in Australia, preferably in a consulting capacity
- Strong experience in NSW planning approvals pathways, specifically REF’s and EMP’s in the mining and resourcing sector
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, State and Commonwealth legislation relating to environmental management in NSW and other jurisdictions in Australia
- Experience preparing environmental reports such as assessments, monitoring and management plans
- Provide advice on environmental management and compliance issues for projects
- Assist with environmental management, including compliance, auditing and reporting; ensuring all legislative obligations are met
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, conceptual, communication skills, including technical report writing
- Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills to establish and maintain a core customer base
- Proficient experience with using; GPS and DGPS
- Ability to work outdoors in remote locations is essential and a willingness to travel for periods of time
- Positioning and winning work and developing the service area and client base.
- Drive the development and implementation of team business plans and strategies.
- Managing approvals projects
- Report writing
- Mentoring program
- Ongoing professional development
- Mobile phone, laptop and corporate credit card supplied
- Annual company trip
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture
- Flexible work options
Please apply via the link below or send your resume in word format direct to firstname.lastname@example.org