Senior Customer Service Manager - Logistics - SydSenior Customer Service Rep - Logistics & Transport - Sydney
Denovo are currently representing an independent market leader in the Logistics and Freight space. Our clients vision is to produce fast and resourceful solutions to their customers in order to enhance their supply chain and respective positions in the market, with the outlook to retain their market leader status in the freight forwarding and logistics space.
- Receive Purchase Orders from client with the requested ready date (at supplier origin warehouse) and delivery date (at consignee destination warehouse) and the shipment method (air freight / sea freight).
- Select shipment routes based on service sold to the client
- Make the necessary shipping arrangements with overseas offices and / or agents.
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transshipments, or regulations affecting shipments.
- If required, arrange alternative shipment routes (not covered on the service sold to the client) and ensure approval from the clients (re : cost and routing) are obtained prior to shipment moving.
- Offering consolidation services by air and sea, ensuring cost effective and secure solutions are met (for clients) and profit maximization (for company).
- Performs costing / price calculation as per request by clients and recommend shipping solutions based on efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another.
- Utilising internet and e-commerce to enable real-time tracking of shipments and monitor / record locations of the goods in transit.
- Provide periodic (daily / weekly / forth nightly) status report to clients.
- If required, obtaining custom clearance documentations and send to Brokerage Team.
- Invoice customer
- Offering tailored IT solutions to clients with heavy volumes and tracking needs.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant industry news, updates and other factors that could affect the movement and cost of freight.
- Performs sales call / client visit as part of Account Management (individual or joint visit by Sales Rep)
- Support and mentor Customer Service Representatives
- 3 years in a Customer service role in transport, logistics or freight
- Understanding of the Logistics and Freight space on international level
- Experience dealing with a high volume of enquiries
- Passion for Logistics and Freight forwarding industry
- Strategic and solution based mindset
- Resilient attitude
- Management of small team desired
- $70-$80K base + super + bonus
- Constant back office support
- In-depth systems training
- Visible progression in business
If you are interested in applying for this role please apply directly through the link or email a word copy of your CV to email@example.com . Please note that only applicants with full working rights in Australia.