Denovo recruitment are current representing a well recognised industry leader in the commercial property sector, having provided quality project design and delivery through-out New Zealand for more than 35 years, with offices in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.
Our client are focused on creating smart and well-designed spaces for commercial; office, industrial, hospitality and educational projects. With the inclusion of retail capability, we are not averse to developing opportunities in this sector. In the past 12 months The Company has also employed the services of a registered architect with strong leadership qualities, to develop building extensions, refurbishments and new builds to strengthen their access to delivering interior solutions.
This is a new role for the company and recognises the desire to increase creative capability and reduce reliance on the Studio Manager for creative leadership. It also recognises the desire for professional presentation and leadership skills.
The primary role and responsibilities of The Senior Creative Designer is as follows;
- Prepare and develop outstanding design concepts and ideas and take the design process from a high level through to construction
- Develop and articulate a high standard of creativity, innovation and design through drawings, sketches and oral presentation
- Meet with all levels of clients, user groups and stakeholders; take design briefs, fully understanding client requirements and provide design and creative expertise to facilitate converting pitches into projects
- Have a good understanding of market expectations, local and global trends in all aspects of commercial interiors including corporate, retail, hospitality and others
- Gain a clear understanding of businesses processes, procedures and standards including but not limited to ‘Job Files’ and operating platform requirements including Procore
- Continue to develop core technology skills utilising preferred software and hardware including Revit, AutoCad, Sketchup and Enscape. Hand sketches would be an advantage
- Communicate clearly with project team including Design Studio Manager, Project Manager and Account / Business Development Manager
- Play a key role in terms of developing and presenting proposals to existing and new customers (Customer facing)
- Develop customer ‘briefs’ in conjunction with the Account Manager, gaining and maintaining a clear understanding of customer requirements and ‘scope of works’
- Provide return briefs to ensure consistency around customer expectations
- Design and document; frozen plans, concepts and imagery, including 3D’s and sketches to facilitate engagement and customer commitment
- Generally, help with; presentations, RFP’s and associated marketing material to facilitate customer engagement and retention
- Develop concepts and plans into working drawings; consent and construction documentation including FF & E
- Facilitate project delivery; working with Clients, Project Managers and Account Managers to deliver projects in a manner that exceeds customer expectations
- Generally, contribute to ongoing improvement in all aspects of design and external delivery for Gaze customers
- Work as a team and along with other designers and technicians to drive projects in accordance with programs and tasks
- Contribute to the team and culture through ‘involvement’ and communication at large
- Additional responsibilities as mutually agreed between the parties
If you are interested in applying for this role please send through an up to date WORD copy of your resume to email@example.com or apply directly through the page. If shortlisted for the role you will be contacted within 48 hours.