Senior Architectural Technician - Commercial Construction - Sydney
Denovo is currently representing an industry leader in the commercial property sector, having provided quality project design and delivery through-out New Zealand for more than 35 years.
Our client are committed to creating smart and well-designed spaces for commercial; office, industrial and educational projects and require the services of a registered architect with strong leadership qualities.
In addition, our client develops projects in its own right including but not limited to residential and commercial properties.
They offer a full suite of project service solutions; architectural, concept, design, consent, as well as project management and construction. They are specialists in all commercial works including office fit outs, building refurbishment and new builds, both internal and external.
As a result of an ongoing period of growth despite the current social climate, my client are now looking for a Senior Architectural Technician to join the team and have a direct hand in key business decisions
The primary role and responsibilities of Senior Architectural Technician are as follows;
- Gain a clear understanding of the businesses processes, procedures and standards including but not limited to ‘Job Files’ and operating platform requirements (WfM) and Procore.
- Continue to develop core technology skills utilising preferred software and hardware including Revit, AutoCad and Sketchup
- Communicate clearly with project team including Design Studio Manager, Project Manager and Account Manager
- Work as a team along with designers and CAD technicians lead and drive projects in accordance with programs and tasks
- Assist designers and architects in taking briefs, site measurements and fully understanding client requirements and provide design, creative and technical expertise to facilitate converting pitches into projects
- Develop client ‘briefs’ in conjunction with the lead designer, architect and Account Manager, gaining and maintaining a clear understanding of client requirements and ‘scope of works’
- Assist in preparation of return briefs to ensure consistency around client expectations
- Design and document; frozen plans, concepts and imagery, including 3D’s to facilitate engagement and client commitment
- Generally, help with; presentations, RFP’s and associated marketing material to facilitate client engagement and retention
- Develop concepts and plans into working drawings; consent and construction documentation including FF & E schedules and selections
- Facilitate project delivery; working with Clients, Project Managers and Account Managers to deliver projects in a manner that exceeds client expectations
- Generally, contribute to ongoing improvement in all aspects of design and external delivery for clients
- Provide mentoring and training where required in Revit and BIM related applications to the design team and contribute to the strategic maintenance, upgrade and deployment of CAD software
- Additional responsibilities as mutually agreed between the parties