My client is a global engineering consulting firm specializing in the science of buildings, structures, and the environment. They assist their clients tackle complex challenges in the built environment by combining innovative thinking, collaborative problem solving and a passion for expanding the boundaries of the possible. We love solving complex problems. They value curiosity, ingenuity and we find satisfaction in extending our individual capabilities while advancing our disciplines.
Are you a Project Manager with 5+ years’ experience in a consulting acoustic engineering environment?
I am seeking an experienced and motivated individual to join my clients Project Delivery Team as a Project Manager in Consulting Acoustic Engineering based in Sydney office.
This is a hybrid role encompassing both engineering and project management responsibilities. Therefore, I will consider experienced Engineers wanting to take on PM responsibilities, as well as current PMs with engineering background.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Effectively sourcing, negotiating, and facilitating new business
- Developing working relationships with clients
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations and project milestones
- Developing and tracking proposals
- Managing financial activities of the project including tracking revenue, issuing invoices, and recovering receivables
- Assembling and guiding a team towards meeting project objectives
- Ensuring that Quality Assurances are completed, recorded, and meet company standards and project scope
- Solving challenging design problems in consultation with engineering, architectural and industrial clients
- Consulting with engineers and architects to answer technical questions
- Writing technical project reports that present methodology, results and recommendations
- Providing advice on technical problems and following the appropriate QA/QC Procedures
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (or qualification in the field of audio acoustics with relevant industry experience)
- Background in, acoustics, air quality or building performance is preferred
- Knowledge of noise guidelines and noise modelling techniques would be an asset
- Experience working on international projects in a multidisciplinary design environment
- Experience in business development activities
- Experience in developing new markets
- Track record of developing and maintaining excellent working relationships with clients
- Experience in developing detailed proposals and negotiating fees with clients
- Ability to successfully meet schedules and control costs
- Aptitude for practical problem solving
- Possess or be eligible to obtain registered Chartered Professional Engineer status.
An opportunity to work for a company that is growing rapidly but determined to retain the personal touch of a smaller company. With scientists, technicians, engineers, and staff in seven countries, a career with my client is an opportunity without limits. And that’s worth a lot. My client continually strives to be an international employer of choice through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on strong corporate values and employee involvement. Benefits include flexible work schedules, an emphasis on work-life balance, and competitive compensation packages, to name a few.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting work environment at the forefront of engineering innovation, apply today!
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the suitable skills and experience then please click "APPLY"
Or if you would like to find out about any other roles I am recruiting for, please send your CV to email@example.com