Sales Manager - Water Technology - SydneySales Manager - Water Technology - Sydney
Denovo are currently partnered with an innovative start up company who focus on dynamic water treatment technology. Our client has recently created a product which is looking to change 'the game' in regards to water filtration and they are now looking to commercialising its innovative water treatment solutions globally. The company is looking for a sales ‘gun’ to work closely with the core team to role out of our industry changing technology.
Given the start-up nature of the company, the role will be ever changing, creating daily challenges to be overcome. If you are genuinely seeking a role that is exciting, fast paced and leverages your vast industry experience then this role is ideal for you. You will open up sales opportunities in the Australian wastewater and drinking water markets. You will be part of a dynamic, innovative and motivated core team.
You must demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for sales and a proven track record of sales success. You will have a clear ability to ‘open doors’ and not be afraid to present new concepts and new technology. You will have a diverse client base consisting of water authorities and utilities, industry consultants and engineers, mining and industrial sector customers.
In this pivotal role, you will work closely with the APAC Business Development Manager to achieve sales goals and implement business development initiatives that maximise the company’s impact and generate bottom line revenue.
The salary for this role is between 90-110K base salary + Commission + Travel expenses
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a strong understanding of all product categories, competition in the industry and market positioning
- Assess and identify the most viable markets and applications for our commercialisation objectives
- Proactively source new sales opportunities through existing networks and new networks
- Proactively source business opportunities with sales channels and clients at all stages of the sales cycle to include targeting, prospecting and presenting compelling business propositions
- Identify potential tender opportunities through tender portals
- Effectively manage and close new business deals
- Build relationships within Australia including potential channel partners, industry groups, consultants, and relevant Government bodies.
- Work with internal teams and engineering resources to provide solutions to customers challenges
- Prepare technical submissions and presentations to customers
- Collaborate with all segments of the business and support teams to ensure successful implementations of all solutions, quotations and completion of all sales orders
- 5-10 years experience in a similar industrial and technical sales role;
- Track record in achieving sales targets and excellent commercial results;
- Extensive business development experience in the water treatment or similar industry;
- The ability to handle adversity, push back and change;
- Ability to build and contribute to a great culture and make the work environment positive and energetic;
- Confident communication skills and able to gain trust quickly;
- Comfortable in technical presentations with a high standard of verbal and written communication skills;
- High level interpersonal and cultural assimilation skills;
- Willingness to travel as required.
- Qualified Chemical or Environmental Engineer or similar discipline
- Formal qualification in Sales and Marketing
- Direct experience in water treatment industry
- Well connected and networked in the water treatment industry