Our client has a strong presence in the construction market with over 50 years experience. They are a well respected and highly reputable company, who are currently expanding their presence across Australia. Working from their Newcastle office, the main focus of this position is to drive sales within the builder / contractor market
Working closely with the State Sales Manager, you will be championed with introducing and developing business with clients and be a key representative at industry events and entertainment functions. Key to this role is enthusiasm, initiative and above all else - sales ability. Essentially your mandate is to maximise the market share throughout Central Coast, Newcastle, Mid North & North Westrern regions, and grow the annual revenue base.
- Secure an existing pipeline of work
- Develops and implements sales plans designed to achieve the corporate & marketing goals
- Actively participates in the writing of the sales and marketing plans
- Sets goals and action plans and a timetable to achieve them
- Communicates those plans throughout the company.
- Manages the profitability of the territory sales to meet the agreed budget.
- Establishes product mix sales plans.
- Participates in sales forecasting activities.
- Actively participates and takes responsibility for pipeline specifications, sales and projects won
- Develops forecasting plans for the designated territory
- Develops and manages information systems to measure and inform on performance
- Represents the company at trade association events to promote company
- Actively seeks to get company a higher profile in Industry Association meetings.
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with the sales team
- Maintaining existing relationships, negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepares weekly and monthly activity reports, showing specification pipeline, project wins, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
- An external sales background (3-10 years)
- Previous experience selling building materials
- Strong organisational, planning and negotiating skills
- A polished presenter - articulate and well presented
- Candidates that have sold flooring, rugs, carpets, timber, tiles, waterproofing, bathrooms or other related interior products would be encouraged to apply
- Willing to cover a Central Coast, Newcastle, Mid North & North Westrern region
Provide us with the above skills and the benefits will include:
- $75,000 - 80,000 Base (negotiable dependent on experience)
- Performance related bonus (c$12k)
- Tools of trade including a mobile phone, laptop and fully maintained company vehicle
- Access to both formal and informal training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this or similar roles with Australia's leading sales & marketing recruitment firm, please APPLY NOW in WORD FORMAT with a covering letter or send your resume direct to Tom Jeffery - Tom.Jeffery@denovo.com.au