The position is an exciting opportunity as this is a new regional office for SA. The Project Manager will lead the team for the region for the early stages and could become an Operations Manager for the region rapidly.
The requirements are as follows:
- The development, management and review of project strategy, critical path milestones and project plans encompassing all elements of project delivery and performance.
- Ensuring project risk factors are identified, reviewed and managed through the utilization of process, systems and expertise.
- Setting the standard for safety culture and the consistent application of good safety practice.
- As required, support pre-contract business development initiatives and priorities.
- Proactively manage client and stakeholder relations, anticipate needs and seek opportunities to deploy additional services, products and value.
- Ensure financial performance of the project through cost control and labor efficiency
- Proactive management of contract, claim and commercial elements of the project(s), including the management of commercial risks in accordance with the delegation of authority.
- Delegation of responsibility and management of team and sub-contractor performance.
- Procurement and negotiation for required project resources including: labor, materials, equipment & subcontractors.
- Supporting innovation and technology development onsite to ensure the organization is recognized as a total solution provider.
- Completion of monthly project reporting, financial reporting and forecasting.
- Oversee the close out assigned projects via granting of completion, including securing of any retention's or bank guarantees and completion of the end of project reports.
Skills & Experience required:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the civil, remedial or construction industry.
- Previous experience and sound knowledge for Australian Standards in blast & coating protection, concrete repair or structural repair
- Well- organized and ability to work independently to manage various projects concurrently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills including report writing and development of proposals.
- Strong financial reporting and forecasting skills are essential
- 6-8 years’ experience as a Senior Project Engineer or Project Engineer in relevant/similar projects
- Contract management experience
If you have the above skills and want to position yourself in to a highly regarded national company with a view of leading a new regional office then please hit the apply’ button or email email@example.com