Reporting into the Financial controller, the Project Accountant will focus on the quality of project accounting information and ensuring integrity of the data.
Ideally, you will have experience working within the property development sector and have experience with dealing with large volume of projects, as well as an understanding of development-focused areas such as project feasibilities & cash flow forecasts, and of the application process for land/construction funding.
- Undertaking reconciliation duties (project analysis and balance sheet);
- Preparing ATO and SRO compliance documents for lodgement (BAS/Payroll tax etc), with a focus on ensuring property acquisition / settlement transactions are properly recorded
- Reconciling project claims and project related invoices from construction companies;
- Work with Development Team to prepare project feasibility and cashflow forecasts
- Assist with QS reporting and valuation requests;
- Managing bank covenants and funding requirements;
- Reconciling the settlement of properties;
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory financial statements;
- Preparing monthly project reporting, including contract status reviews/quarterly business reviews and project reporting (cash flow forecast, balance sheet and profit and loss reviews);
- Maintenance of insurance schedule for all group entities including property and non-property entities;
- Assisting senior management with adhoc finance tasks
To be considered:
- CA/CPA qualified;
- Have experience within the property development, construction or engineering sectors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively plan and organise, showing initiative excellent time management skills and strong attention to detail with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to draft formal correspondence, as well as build and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong degree of problem solving skills in addition to the provision of sound judgement when decision making is required.
- Excellent computer skills including and competency in Excel, Xero, Estate Master, and SalesForce.
- Lots of training and mentoring for further development within the company
- Join an established and growing company that will provide career growth opportunities
- Get involved with diverse work with projects at different stages of development
- Get involved with funding of projects and consulting
- Join a social and friendly finance team
- Laptop, coffee, tea and snacks
- Great team culture
To apply, please hit the apply button now, or email your CV direct to email@example.com or please contact Sarah Murch on 0430 998 686 (Business Hours Only).
This is a full time role, you must have full working rights in Australia to be considered.