Process Engineer - Water Technology - SydneyProcess Engineer - Water Technology - Sydney
Denovo are currently partnered with a innovative start up company who are changing the face of water filtration in Australia and Internationally with their new technology.
The Process Engineer is responsible for leading the development of company proprietary technology into a set of industry-ready products and applications in accordance with industry best practice and standards. Coordinating the various engineering disciplines (electrical, mechanical, chemical and water quality) and under guidance from the Technical director, the Process Engineer will focus on implementation, quality control and performance testing of treatment systems that can demonstrably meet customer specifications.
The Process Engineer will also engage with internal and external stakeholders both domestically and abroad to enhance the company’s sales effort. Given the company is introducing a new technology into the water industry it is imperative the successful applicant embraces flexibility and open-mindedness; facilitates solutions and makes decisions based on an understanding of the relevant issues, factual information and logical assumptions; has the ability to think ‘outside the box’ and adopts a collaborative and flexible approach to problem solving and information sharing.
The package for this role is 100-120K + Super
Key duties of this position include:
- Under guidance from the Technical Director, translate technical innovations into industry-ready treatment systems by designing and commissioning commercial water treatment systems incorporating the companys’ technology;
- Manage disciplines supporting the design, assembly, implementation and performance testing of the Company’s treatment systems, including mechanical, electrical and chemical engineering;
- Design and supervise trials, both in-house and onsite, with a variety of industrial and municipal wastewater streams and report on the performance of the technology against standard criteria such as reliability, efficiency, cost and product water quality;
- Project manage trials and projects from commencement to completion;
- Establish and maintain a product quality and performance testing framework in accordance to industry best practice (such as ISO and HACCP);
- Assist internal and external stakeholders by answering technical requests and providing technology information on the water treatment systems in areas such as Intellectual Property Management, industry partnerships, conferences, promotion and sales;
- Engage with research activities as required by the Technical Director.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the development, implementation, commissioning and testing of industry-ready treatment systems based on the companys’ proprietary technology.
Qualifications and technical experience
- Formal tertiary qualifications in process or chemical engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years industry experience in the design, implementation and commissioning of advanced water treatment trains and systems;
- Experience in the implementation of quality frameworks and standards (ISO, HACCP);
- Experience in end-to-end commissioning and performance optimisation of advanced water treatments systems involving multiple technologies and water quality objectives;
- Direct experience in the development of risk assessment, failure mode analysis, control philosophies, critical control points analysis, alarming rationalisation and standard HMI and SCADA interfaces;
- Track record in the management of multi-disciplinary engineering teams to achieve system implementation and commissioning objectives within timeframes;
- Track record in project management;
- Experience in the development of conceptual designs for tendering/proposal purposes and in the preparationof process and P&ID drawings;
- Experience in the selection and engagement of equipment suppliers, manufacturers and sub-contractors;
- Strong writing skills and demonstrated ability to produce correspondence and technical reports for a range of audiences including technical industry papers, senior management reports, sales and promotional information;
- Proficiency in standard software packages for report writing, project management and data analysis and management.
The key accountability of this position relate specifically to issues that develop, maintain and enhance the Company’s reputation as a leader within the wastewater sector. Key accountabilities include:
Education of internal & external stakeholders
- Provide direct contact to end users, suppliers, and contractors as required;
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical assistance and product education to channel partners and end-users as required;
- Participate in technical presentations at industry events to educate stakeholders on how the products meet industry requirements;
- Attend networking and trade events both domestically and internationally to represent the companys’ brand
- Regularly review internal engineering processes to ensure the engineering division runs efficiently and effectively;
- Understand customer pain points and ensure the technology is an appropriate solution to customer problems;
- Take a proactive approach to suggest improvements that can be made to the companys’ product portfolio;
- Remain abreast of industry trends and new technologies entering the wastewater and drinking water market, and ensure that the management is aware of any potential opportunities or threats to the organisation;
- Remain aware of the organisational strategy and ensure tasks are aligned.