Well, known sports governing body (Based in Melbourne, Victoria) This sport covers various disciplines and generates large viewing figures. An extreme sport and described as one of the toughest. Part of a large organisation with opportunity for growth.
The National Sport and Club Development Manager role exists to lead the management of the Sport and Club Development team to ensure the ongoing growth of and participation in the sport across Australia. The role will mean leading the development and implementation of a comprehensive program to maximise participation and provide increased opportunities for the community. This will include:
- Advising on key programs and strategies including emerging trends in sports and developing commercial opportunities to increase revenue and community participation.
- Create and implement a long-term club development plan (addressing facilities, population trends, membership trends, equipment requirements, resource requirements, funding needs and the establishment of new clubs).
- Develop and implement a strategy to increase affiliation revenue
- Oversee the roll-out of club affiliation packages and renewals.
- Oversee and ensure the implementation of strategies for community and club engagement
- Degree qualification in Sports Management or similar
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing participation and development programs in sport, leisure, recreation or similar
- Demonstrated leadership skills and people management experience
- High-level interpersonal skills and networking skills with experience managing a diverse range of stakeholders and people
- Experience sourcing government funding
- Proven ability delivering outstanding customer service
- Excellent organisation and planning skills in managing a busy workload with conflicting demands
- Experience managing budgets with an analytical ability to derive financial/statistical insights
Note: Must have Australian Permanent Residency or Australian Citizenship
How to Apply To be considered for this role, please apply or send your resume to Ben@denovo.com.au