Legal Secretary - Criminal Law - Sydney CBD
$70,000 - $85,000 inc Super
A vibrant, modern, award winning criminal litigation law firm in Sydney are seeking an experienced legal secretary to join the team, supporting several busy lawyers. Well known for dealing with high profile criminal cases across Australia and with experience dealing with international matters, the firm has over 50 years of reputation in the field.
The role of the legal secretary will be to offer close support to lawyers within the team by way of document production, extensive use of the practice management system, diary management, administrative assistance and client contact. Production of witness statements, attendance notes, briefs to counsel, email correspondence and trial bundles will be part of the role.
- Experience as a legal secretary or assistant specifically within litigation, ideally criminal law
- Ability to audio type at speeds of 60wpm+
- Strong knowledge of IT systems including practice management software (ideally Affinity) and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Online complex diary management experience
- Experience in the preparation of documents such as witness statements, attendance notes, briefs, trial bundles and other court documents
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients in person, via telephone and email; offering good service and assistance to clientele in the absence of their lawyer
- Ability to communicate with police, court services, barristers and other professionals coherently and professionally
- Administrative experience such as filing, faxing, scanning, photocopying and binding documents
In return the firm offer a competitive salary up to $85,000 (inc super) and excellent opportunities for professional development.
If you are interested in working in a fast paced and rewarding environment, please contact Jenny at Denovo on 0291 945 533 or 0473 745 468. Please email your CV to email@example.com.