Legal Assistant / PA - Commercial Law (including property)
Salary of $70,000 - $80,000 inclusive of super
Recognised and awarded law firm in Canberra require an experienced commercial legal PA to work for their Special Counsel (and occasionally two other senior lawyers) dealing with a range of legal matters including:
- Commercial law: the sale and purchase of shares and businesses, shareholders agreements, leasing, franchising and debt security documents.
- Business and Real Property Conveyancing including residential conveyancing within the ACT.
- Estate planning including preparation of Wills and Enduring Powers of Attorney.
The firm offers a modern and progressive environment with the benefit of a long-standing reputation in the Canberra community. Although operating as a full-service firm, each Lawyer has an intrinsic and specialist knowledge of their practice area, offering clients a first-class service.
This role will be working closely with a Special Counsel and occasionally other Senior Lawyers, undertaking specific duties such as producing and amending lengthy documents using track changes, production of shareholder agreements & leases, producing contracts for sale and producing basic Wills / Powers of Attorney. In addition, standard secretarial duties such as audio typing from digital dictation, extensive online diary management, administration of the case management system and client liaison will form a part of the day to day role.
Requirements of the applicant:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a legal assistant, PA or secretary
- Specific experience in commercial law and property law, specifically leasing, is essential
- Ideally some experience in Wills & Estates law
- Ability to draft some documents from knowledge and precedents, without necessarily requiring dictation to work from
- Experienced user of case management systems
- Ability to audio type at speeds of 65wpm or more
- Excellent client care skills
In return this Canberra firm offers a competitive salary of $70-80,000 inc super along with an excellent working environment. Hours of work are 8.30am - 5pm and the firm are seeking someone to start as soon as possible.
If you have an interest in this opportunity, please contact Jenny at Denovo Consulting on 0291 945 533 or email to email@example.com.