Working closely with the Design Director, Project Managers and Client
Relationship Manager, the purpose of the role is to perform all duties required
by the Interior Designer including:
> Brief Establishment
> Design Development – design concepts, functional design and
> Space Planning & test fits in line with current codes
> Architectural Documentation – test fits, speculative fitouts, Client
presentations, tender & construction packages
> FFF&E selection, schedules & detailing in line with lead times and
> Site inspections & surveys (existing layout, services audit,
furniture & storage audit)
> Management of resource library, administrational tasks and
> Presentations – visualisation and communication
> Client liaison
> Co-ordination of external designer
Key Working Relationships:
Design Director, Project Director, Client Relationship Manager, Project Manager,
Suppliers & External Designers
> To provide design and FFF&E solutions, support and guidance
> To establish Client requirements and brief
> To provide value engineering design solutions Administrative Tasks
> To prepare Client presentations
> To prepare design documentation
> To maintain materials library & External outsourcing arrangements
> To manage external designers & delegate projects appropriately
> To manage suppliers and books
- Mid Level- need to have a min of 3 years experience in a similar in AUSTRALIA
- Worked for design and construct companies in the past (preferred)
- Fully proficient in ArchiCAD (essential)
- Has the ability to manage fit-out projects throughout all stages of the project timeline
- Can ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Spatial Planning and preparing test fit plans for clients and marketing plans for a range of building managers
- Liaising with project managers, contractors and suppliers throughout all phases of the design process.
- Attending client and site meetings.
- Selecting FF&E to suit the client and budget.
- Preparing conceptual presentations and material boards.
- Developing design documentation and reviewing shop drawings.
- 3D modelling would be preferred too in ArchiCAD.