Interior DesignerMid level interior designer
Working closely with the Design Director, Project Managers and Client
Relationship Manager, the purpose of the role is to perform all duties required
by the Interior Designer including:
> Brief Establishment
> Design Development – design concepts, functional design and
> Space Planning & test fits in line with current codes
> Architectural Documentation – test fits, speculative fitouts, Client
presentations, tender & construction packages
> FFF&E selection, schedules & detailing in line with lead times and
> Site inspections & surveys (existing layout, services audit,
furniture & storage audit)
> Management of resource library, administrational tasks and
> Presentations – visualisation and communication
> Client liaison
> Co-ordination of external designer
Key Working Relationships:
Design Director, Project Director, Client Relationship Manager, Project Manager,
Suppliers & External Designers
> To provide design and FFF&E solutions, support and guidance
> To establish Client requirements and brief
> To provide value engineering design solutions Administrative Tasks
> To prepare Client presentations
> To prepare design documentation
> To maintain materials library & External outsourcing arrangements
> To manage external designers & delegate projects appropriately
> To manage suppliers and books
- Mid Level- need to have a min of 3 years experience in a similar in AUSTRALIA
- Worked for design and construct companies in the past (preferred)
- Fully proficient in ArchiCAD (essential)
- Has the ability to manage fit-out projects throughout all stages of the project timeline
- Can ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Spatial Planning and preparing test fit plans for clients and marketing plans for a range of building managers
- Liaising with project managers, contractors and suppliers throughout all phases of the design process.
- Attending client and site meetings.
- Selecting FF&E to suit the client and budget.
- Preparing conceptual presentations and material boards.
- Developing design documentation and reviewing shop drawings.
- 3D modelling would be preferred too in ArchiCAD.