Import/Export Freight coordinatorImport/Export Freight Coordinator - Transport/Logistics - Melbourne
Denovo recruitment are currently working with one of the world's largest global supplier of transport and logistics to find an experienced operations/logistics coordinator for a role based in Melbourne.
The position is responsible for arranging and directing the transportation and shipment of export consignments from origin to destination by compiling, completing and verifying required documents in accordance with company policy and procedure and external body regulations. A key part of this role is to ensure export sea consignments are processed to meet customer expectations and designated KPI's whilst upholding a high level of customer service.
*** Experience with Cargowise1 software is a must ***
Work together with Export Sea team to ensure quality and accuracy of work delivered
• Carry out export work flow processes in accordance with management directive, customer instructions, SOPs and specified requirements
• Establish and maintain strong client relationships with DSV customers (internal and external), suppliers and service providers both locally and overseas.
• Ability to problem solve Export issues with a range of stakeholders including but not to limited: airlines, shipping lines, transport providers, co-loaders and customers.
• Enter data into CW1, accurately and in a timely manner
• Plan and prioritize export shipments from the Export Workbench to achieve milestone requirements, designated KPIs and deadlines.
• Calculate monetary issues such as invoice costings, GST, etc. and weights and measures in relation to load sizes, space availability, etc.
• Implement and monitor process improvements
• Support the Senior Team Lead & Manager with day to day activities, and other reasonable tasks and projects as required
Successful candidates will be competent in the following areas:
• Convincing people (Persuading others; shaping opinions; negotiating)
• Articulating information (Giving presentations; explaining things; projecting social confidence)
• Challenging ideas (Questioning assumptions; challenging established views; arguing own perspective)
• Industry knowledge and experience
• Cargowise One knowledge and experience
• Microsoft office experience (Outlook, Excel)
• Relevant industry regulations: RACA, IATA, Dangerous Goods
• Conveying self-confidence (Projecting inner confidence; determining own future; valuing
• own contributions)
• Showing composure (Staying calm; tolerating stress; dealing with pressure)
• Resolving conflict (Calming upset people; handling angry individuals; resolving arguments)
• Meeting timescales (Meeting deadlines; keeping to schedule; finishing tasks)
• Checking things (Finding errors; ensuring accuracy; producing high quality work)
• Following procedures (Adhering to rules; following instructions; minimising risks)
• Examining information (Processing information; asking probing questions; finding solutions)
• Documenting facts (Writing fluently; understanding logical arguments; finding facts)
• Interpreting data (Quantifying issues; applying technology; evaluating information objectively
If you are interested in applying for this role then please give Joe Grindle a call on 02 9126 8403 or email a word copy across to firstname.lastname@example.org