Heath and safety Coordinator
About the Company:
Award-winning and established Fit out organisation & builder. This sought after construction group has earned themselves an enviable reputation as being one of the 'go-to' builders/ fit out group in Sydney. With an impressive lineup of Senior Management, this group pride itself on working alongside their clients to achieve their vision specifically within budget and within the time restraints.
• To manage and drive compliance in respect of work, health and safety legislation and regulations in all aspects of company operation
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for the ongoing support and training of the delivery teams to
ensure HSE policies and procedures are followed and implemented on all project sites.
• Remain up to date with relevant legislation and be proactive in communicating changes.
• Update company policies, procedures, forms and other HSE documentation in line with current changes to legislation.
• Conduct weekly HSE inspections, hazard assessments and quarterly internal audits of project sites.
• Ensure appropriate corrective action for non-conformance is completed in full and on time.
• Assist the delivery teams in the development and implementation of site-specific HSE management initiatives.
• Assist with the coordination of internal and external Integrated Management System audits.
• Roll out regular company-wide safety training sessions.
• Coordinate the delivery of specialist training from external parties.
• Investigate and report on all incidents and near-misses.
• Conduct bi-annual office safety inspections and evacuation drills.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in an HSE role within the construction industry.
• Recognised industry qualification - Cert IV / Diploma or higher in Work Health and Safety or related qualification.
• Be up to date and knowledgeable with current Australian work, health and safety legislation and regulations.
• Solid understanding of risks and hazards involved on construction projects.
• Strong communication and influencing skills with a high attention to detail.
• Excellent written and report writing skills.
• Senior First Aid training certificate.
• Competent presenter/facilitator.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Procore skills advantageous
How to Apply?
If you're interested in applying, please forward your updated resume (In MS-WORD Format) by clicking the 'Apply for this Job' button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions. or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 0406 925 867.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and all applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
In order to be considered for this position you MUST be eligible to work in Australia with no restrictions.