Head of People & Safety (Human Resources) | Building & Construction
- Develop & lead the HR, people & culture strategy for a leading national business!
- Drive continuous improvement, develop talent attraction initiatives & create structured recruitment processes!
- Report directly to a highly collaborative, people focused CEO & mentor!
- Lead the safety strategy, with the support of qualified Safety Officers!
- Highly competitive salary package with lucrative bonuses!
Our client is one of Australia's most experienced & trusted Insurance Building & Repair providers. Specialists in highly complex and difficult projects, they focus in Commercial property, working on behalf of the biggest insurers natioanally. With a dedicated, engaged & passionate team, their success has been built from a culture of transparency, support & empowering their people to do their best work.
Role – Head of People & Safety
With a growing team, they now require an experienced HR Leader with a Safety focus, based in Sydney.
- Jointly with the CEO develop the People & Culture strategy enabling structure, talent development, employee engagement & growth
- Oversee the safety function including 3 x Safety people & develop further a strong safety culture throughout the organisation
- Implement initiatives, guide managers through improving culture, engagement & reduce turnover in certain locations
- Develop streamlined & efficient recruiting processes, structures & systems, whilst developing employer branding
- Work closely with line managers to ensure a consistent experience for candidates and maximise opportunities to secure top talent
- Create employee review structures, career development pathways & succession planning
- Strong experience in a senior HR leadership function with Bachelor level qualification in a related discipline
- Construction industry experience highly regarded, however experience within aligned industries ie manufacturing, industrial also considered
- Exposure to / awareness of safety within a safety critical environment or experience managing WHS/HSE function
- Demonstrated experience developing people & culture, talent attraction strategies
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Coaching, empowering & flexible leadership style