A Head of Business Development opportunity is currently available and will be based out of the company’s Sydney office. This role will oversee the Sales Team which consists of 3 BDM’s and a Sales Executive. This is a hands-on role the successful candidate will lead from the front.
Essential qualifications and skills for this role includes the following:
- Civil Engineering Degree (Essential)
- Demonstrated technical experience in civil infrastructure
- Previous experience managing a national sales team (preferred)
- Minimum of 8 years’ plus experience working either in a technical business development role or a client facing role for a major civil infrastructure company.
- Demonstrate a solid network of industry contacts that has been acquired and skills to be able to acquire new clients
- A track record in complex solution selling in a B2B environment
- Attention to detail, commitment to quality, results driven and customer focused
- You will be a self-starter and motivated by establishing contacts
- Manage a team that consists of 3 experienced BDM’s and a Sales Executive
- Develop and execute sales business strategies and plans for the team ensuring agreed financial and non financial objectives are met
- Grow revenue in designated sectors and product ranges to the agreed targets
- Accountable for business development P&L and forecasts
- Proactively review current market intelligence together with CRM business analytics to underpin the company strategy