A very well established Commercial Gardening company, they specialise in Private Schools, maintenance contracts on racecourse's, shopping centres and so on.
Outline of the role
To assist the Operations Manager in supporting the Grounds Service team to operate in safe working conditions and to achieve a high quality of work produced.
This role is perfect for somebody who has been a Groundsmen and would like to step up to a Leading Hand.
- Overseeing up to 3-4 Groundsmen per day.
- Identify possible disciplinary issues including performance and conduct.
- Coordinate the day to day management of the grounds and garden maintenance team.
- Mentor and coach team to improve performance and knowledge within the grounds.
- Set daily, weekly and monthly achievements to your teams and assist them in ways to achieve these outcomes.
- Identify individual and team training needs and provide feedback on performance and focus on the ongoing development of your Groundsmen.
- Work with management to put actions and performance management processes in place.
- Induct and educate new and existing team members on your companies policies, procedures and on our customer’s expectations.
- Most importantly, make Health & Safety a personal value ensuring your actions & behaviour’s do not unwittingly put the safety or welfare of yourself, another or the environment at undue risk.
- Comply with all safe systems of work, ensuring that all HSEQ policies and procedures, incl. of SWMS are reviewed and understood.
- Represent the business in a professional manner at all times. Ensure you present for work each day ‘fit for work’ and in a clean & tidy appearance.
- Report all incidents, hazards & near misses which cause harm or have the potential to cause harm to yourself, another, property or the environment; to your manager and participate in activities to mitigate the opportunity for recurrence.
- Ensure you wear the company uniform and PPE safety equipment provided at all times on site.
- Service Delivery including quality assurance
- Computer literate
- Managing/Supervising a team
- Stakeholder Management
- Horticulture industry experience
- Budgets/Financial Management
- Project Management
- Landscape or Construction industry experience