General/Operations Manager – Waste Consultancy – Sydney
Denovo recruitment are currently working with an award-winning waste consultancy to help find a General Manager for their Sydney office. The business’ major focus is within the waste and recycling space. They are recognised as a market leader in small to medium sized consultancies in this industry.
An opportunity has arisen for a General Manager to come on board in a hybrid role, where you will receive hands on training and guidance from the Managing Director for the first 12 months, with an outlook for you to take on major responsibilities within the business in the future.
You will be required to coordinate activities within different teams across the country and report directly back to the appropriate line managers and Managing Director. Your role will be split into 3 main responsibilities which are integral parts of the role:
1.Business development – Required to go out and meet different clients and be able to sell waste consultancy. You will also be required to travel interstate (paid) to meet and prospect new clientele.
2.Internal Management – Dealing with finances, general management of teams and coordination, strategy and implementation, liaising with teams’ interstate and office management
3. Account Management – Meet clients and manage new projects. Take on major accounts within the business, face to face meetings with customers and stakeholders and managing the profitability of the Major accounts.
- Engineering/Sales and Management experience within Waste Consultancy/Waste industry
- Sales/Business development experience within industry
- Degree educated ideally within Engineering
- Very numerical and professional
- Extremely smart and passionate about waste industry
- Client focused and professional
- Experience within a similar GM position
- MBA within Engineering
- Strong Sales track record
- Network within Waste/Recycling industry
- Experience managing client meetings
- Early in career, hunger to learn, professional
- Strong minded and ability to work in close knit team
Salary package is negotiable and dependent on experience
This role is ideal for someone coming from an Engineering, Sales Engineer or General Management background from the Waste consultancy industry. Someone who is keen to take on a challenging opportunity at the start of their career with serious progression opportunities within next 5 years.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please email a word copy of your CV to email@example.com or call on 02 9126 8403 and ask for Joe.