Facade Engineer - T1 consultancy - Melbourne CBD
Facade Engineer - Tier 1 Consultancy- Melbourne CBD
Denovo are currently representing one of the largest Engineering Consultants in Australia to find and experienced Facades engineer for a role based in Melbourne.
Our client is at the centre of multiple international projects in the Building/Engineering space and is always striving for excellence and positive impact on society and environment. With of over 14,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world, our client is determined to always achieve excellence.
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Facades engineer who is wanting to join an innovative and young team for a role based in Melbourne.
As a Façade Engineer / Designer you will bring knowledge and technical experience in facades or building structures engineering and related areas. You will be a key member of the clients social and diversely-skilled team, contributing to the façade design on a range of high profile projects in the Southern Region (VIC/SA). You will have excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills, with a proven history working collaboratively within a team.
Our ideal candidate will be innately curious, keen to learn and develop your skill set, and will hold a recognised relevant tertiary qualification in Structural, Architectural, Mechanical or Aerospace engineering, or Architecture. Ideally, you will bring a minimum of 3 to 5 years' relevant industry experience in façade design.
Successful candidates will have:
3-5 years of experience within façade design/engineering
- Ability to independently undertake project and technical analyses reporting on results
- Overall knowledge and consulting and technical experience in facades or building structures engineering and related areas.
- Developing specialist knowledge in an area of facades such as: materials, building diagnostics and remedial works, building refurbishments, sustainability consultancy and glass or performance, or building physics.
- Eligibility for Chartership with the Institute of Engineers (Australia) - IE Aust, or chartership with equivalent associations in other countries or professional accreditation/registration equivalent in qualified professional area
- Ability to advise clients on cost-effective, sustainable solutions within a consulting engineering environment.
- Solid digital skills including: AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino/Grasshopper, Bentley Microstation, Word, Excel and Publisher.
You will be required to:
- Provide façade design input and support delivery of high profile façade projects across VIC and SA
- Provide concept and detailed design on a broad range of projects within facades and related areas
- Preparing and delivering research on technical design applications and procedures
- Preparing detailed tender submissions and presentations, managing post tender, site inspections and report writing.
- Work autonomously and in a team to manage high quality outcomes on projects
- Maintain and create solid relationships with key clients with support of senior staff
- Expand on current business opportunities for the facades team and advise on best strategy and outcomes
Benefits of the role:
- Potential part-time reduced hour agreement - Flexible working hours
- Competitive remuneration package
- Global profit share scheme
- Excellent staff benefits
- Long-term career development opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this role and have the relative Australian experience, then please contact Joe on 02 9126 8403 or email across a Word formatted CV to Joe.G@denovo.com.au. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role.