Estimator | Top Tier Construction Company
Our client was established in early 1990's, they have grown from a small family business into a nationwide group, with over 650 employees including construction, structures, facades, manufacturing, fit out and crane logistics specialists.
The business is currently tendering to add to their pipeline of projects in Melbourne and are therefore looking for an Estimator to join their successful tendering department.
- Prepare conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation\'s for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analysing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
Required experience / Preferred candidate:
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Coordinate team activities, conduct project cost estimate review meetings, and interface with executive management.
- 5+ years' experience.
- Significant and relevant experience in Estimating or Design and Site Construction management may be substituted for a BS in Engineering.
- Perform all aspects of cost estimating and does not require direct supervision.
- Skills include the ability to read, interpret and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings and contracts.
Should this role interest you and you feel you have the desired skill set, please click APPLY and include your resume, or perhaps you would like to have confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please feel free to contact us on 02 8313 6734 or you can email me directly on email@example.com