Estimator |Tier 1 Fit-out specialist| ACT, Canberra
Denovo recruitment are currently recruiting for an exciting position with a highly reputable fit-out specialist with offices across Australia.
Our client focus on specialist fit-out projects across retail, office, commercial and education space. They also have a focus on smaller commercial projects up to $30M.
Due to a period of substantial growth our client is looking to add another estimator to their team in ACT. If you have over 4 years industry experience in an estimating role, and experience akin to the below, please apply with the link or email provided
Ideal candidate experience:
- Experience across commercial & interior fit-out projects
- Proven ability to work autonomously on complex projects
- 5-10 years in a estimator position within T1/T2 space
- IT competency especially in MS Excel (Advanced), MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Competency with BidContender a benefit
- Experience in electronic measurement of drawings preferably with BIM measurement capability.
- Buildsoft measurement capability (Cubit and Global Estimating).or similar experience.
- Course qualification in measurement
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined.
- Analytical mindset.
- Good communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Self-confidence and ability to work with a variety of people
- Good customer service skills
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Quantity Surveying) or related field
- Proven experience in preparing appropriate tenders with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with on screen take-off systems and various estimating software systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Membership of appropriate professional body.
- To prepare D&C tenders that fully encompass all of the documentation provided for tender.
- To Measure and price builder’s quantities
- To manage tender documentation
- To liaise with other professionals
- To effectively scope work packages and source Sub Contractor and Supplier quotes and prices
- To analyse data relating to land, buildings, or construction. Benchmarking
- To undertake due diligence in interpreting the cost/ risk implications of tender documentation. Allow for same in Tender cost or by way of qualifications and clarifications.
- Providing direction to programmers
- To identify value engineering items and evaluate implication
- Preparing project budgets and cash flows.
- Management and training of Junior Estimator
If you are wanting to apply for the role, please send a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com or apply through the link. If you are to be shortlisted for the role you will be contact within 48 hours.