Fit Out Estimator
Core objectives include:
• Explore documentation in order to gain a deep
understanding of the project requirements & tender
• Brief Senior Management & Project Managers on risk
aspects of individual tenders
• Be responsible for & manage the tender process with
assigned Project Manager including the Bid Submission.
• Must be competent in pricing D&C projects on a rate &
quantity basis and supported by subcontractor pricing.
• Undertake site inspections with contractors & Project
• Analyze and evaluate offers
• Build and maintain long-term relationships with the key
• Prepare detailed BOQ and subcontractor cost comparison
• Present cost estimates to Senior Management and Project
• Input cost data into spreadsheets
• Identify differences between estimated cost and actual cost
• Review client requirements for a project
• Work with the delivery team to prepare proposals
• Analytical thinking.
• Business awareness.
• Strategic thinking.
• Positive approach to change.
• Minimum 3 years’ local experience estimating in commercial
fit out, refurbishment and construction
• Experience in tendering projects up to $10 million in value
• Must have experience in start to finish tenders
• Must have proven experience ability in the end to end
preparation of commercial refurbishment and fit out
• Must be able to demonstrate tender success ratio on similar
Skills & Competencies
• In-depth knowledge of estimating
Experience using Procore is a MUST
• Ability to understand technical drawings and requirements
• Possess a strong contact network of local suppliers and sub contractors
• Critical-thinker and problem-solver
• Ability to prepare a professional presentation
• Ability to create reports on costing data
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Customer service focused: committed to providing
exceptional customer service across all channels – written,
phone and face to face.
• Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and
concisely, varying communication style depending upon the
• Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written
skills when communicating with others, both internally and
• Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as
required and get on with team members.
• Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives
effectively within time frame given and carry out
administrative duties within portfolio in an efficient and timely
If this sounds like you , please email an updated copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and call 0406 925 867 for a confidential chat.
MUST have Australian experience