Estimator | Commercial, Education & Industrial | Lower North Shore (SYD)
Established in the early 1980's, our client is regarded as one of the leading building contractors in NSW & QLD. The business successfully delivers projects in the Commercial, Education, Industrial, refurbishment and fit-out up to the value of circa $50m. With a proven track record of delivering quality projects for over 30 years, the business pride themselves on their market competitiveness, financial strength, safety record, highly skilled and professional staff and reputation for integrity among clients, consultants and subcontractors.
- Prepare conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation\'s for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analyzing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Coordinate team activities, conduct project cost estimate review meetings, and interface with executive management.
- 3+ years' experience.
- Significant and relevant experience in Estimating or Design and Site Construction management may be substituted for a BS in Engineering.
- Perform all aspects of cost estimating and does not require direct supervision.
- Skills include the ability to read, interpret and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings and contracts.
If this position interests you or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please contact Jon MaGrath (Divisional Director) on 02 9126 8414 or email your resume to email@example.com alternatively use the APPLY option!!