Estimator | Commercial Build | Inner Sydney
Estimator | Commercial Build
Our client was established over 30 years ago, they have grown from a small family firm into a business of 50+ employees who specialise in Commercial fitouts as well as Education, Medical, Aged Care and Community and Recreation builds.
In this role you will be the Estimator but also will working alongside the Directors and manage a small team of Junior Estimators. If your preferred next role is with a reputable business with a growing pipeline and a good family culture, then your search may be over.
- Prepare conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation\'s for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analysing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
Required experience / Preferred candidate:
- 3 to 5+ years' experience.
- Relevant building/engineering qualifications
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly motivated with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Skills include the ability to read, interpret and comprehend engineering specifications, process design drawings and contracts.
Should this role interest you and you feel you have the desired skill set, please click APPLY and include your resume, or perhaps you would like to have confidential discussion regarding this opportunity, please feel free to contact us on 02 8313 6734 or you can email me directly on firstname.lastname@example.org