Estimator | Commercial - Retail | Refurb
Our client has over 30 years' experience within the construction industry and have grown from a small family size business into a nationwide group with offices in almost all capital cities. Specialising in fit-out and refurb work, this company pride themselves on their repeat business and have seen the business grow because of the quality and service they provide.
The team are currently tendering to add to their pipeline in Melbourne and require an experienced Estimator to join them. The projects range from commercial/retail refurbishment works, hospitality fit-outs and health/education fit-outs and expansions.
- Prepare conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation's for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analyzing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
- 3+ years' experience in an Estimating position
- Tertiary qualifications within a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will not require direct supervision, will be capable of performing all aspects of cost estimating autonomously
- Be able to read and interpret engineering specifications, design drawings and contracts
- Will be a team player
If this position interests you, or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please email Emma Chaffey - Emma@denovo.com.au.
All applications and conversations are confidential and no personal information will be released without your prior consent