This Tier 2 general contractor has an outstanding reputation in the fit-out industry, specifically within the commercial construction arena. With 4 office locations within Australia, they work on projects ranging in value up to $25M. The business has a supportive working environment for its staff and believe work life balance is integral to the success of the business.
The team are currently tendering to add to their pipeline in Melbourne and require an Estimator to join them. The projects consist of new build commercial construction as well as some fitout works.
- Prepare conceptual estimating, cost analysis, and estimate coordination.
- Review of and development of discipline and multidiscipline material takeoffs (MTO), evaluation and/or development of construction labour rates and evaluation of subcontract cost estimates and proposals.
- Perform productivity analysis of cost estimates, prepare contingency, escalation, and reconciliation's for estimates; perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects; prepare management presentations and develop an estimate basis.
- Review of process designs and engineering specifications for cost effectiveness and suggestions for alternatives where applicable.
- Reviewing and analyzing complex bills of materials, assessing labour productivity and labour costs, researching vendor, manufacturing and construction costs.
- Enter data into a combination of spreadsheet and database software programs and create useful information from raw data submitted by others on the team.
- Document and organize a complex stream of information and paperwork very quickly.
- 3+ years’ experience in an Estimating position
- Tertiary qualifications within a relevant field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Will not require direct supervision, will be capable of performing all aspects of cost estimating autonomously
- Be able to read and interpret engineering specifications, design drawings and contracts
- Will be a team player
All applications and conversations are confidential and no personal information will be released without your prior consent