|Job Title:||Estimating Manager|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2022 12:01|
Manage the Estimating Team whilst compiling estimates and creating budgets to calculate the cost to a client of an fit-out, refurbishment or construction project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop estimating processes within the business
• Evaluation of tenders
• Manage and oversee the work of the estimating team, ensuring tender pricing is provided in a timely manner
• Work independently, estimating across a range of projects including commercial, retail, hospitality and industrial (tendering range $1m - $15m)
• Highlight and examine contract risks and opportunities
• Implement technical estimating standards and procedures
• Lead weekly Estimating Team Coordination Meetings
• Management of multiple tenders at any one time
• Review and complete the tender schedules ensuring they are within the given
• Communicate with subcontractors and clients
• Review all estimates/tenders before they are being submitted
• Be across and incorporate results of tenders and feedback into future estimating strategy
• Ensure that Estimating Team milestones are met and adhere to approved budgets
• Take off measurements, areas and quantities for design / drawings using software such as Bluebeam
• Degree or Tertiary Qualification in Building/Construction Management or similar
• 10+ years estimating experience across fit-out, refurbishment and construction projects
• Extensive local bidding experience
• Management or supervisory experience in overseeing a team of estimators
• Possess a wide-ranging directory of suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors.
• High proficiency at using Buildsoft & Cubit estimating software
• Proficient with the use of Procore
• Proficient with use of MS Office Package
If this sounds like your ideal new role, please apply online or send your CV directly to email@example.com for immediate consideration or call 0406 925 867 to have a confidential chat.
Good luck !
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's