Denovo recruitment are currently recruiting for a very niche position with a highly reputable Contractor/Developer focusing on High rise residential works in Melbourne. This role will require you to work closely with the Managing director and Senior management team developing the businesses strategy towards expanding the business’ D&C tendering capability. This is a once in a life time opportunity to get into a Senior Management position with the outlook of developing with the business and being one of the key decision makers in the future..
Package includes : Base salary ($200-250K) + super + benefits
Ideal candidate experience:
- Experience managing an estimating team
- Proven ability to work autonomously on complex projects
- 5-10 years in a Senior estimator position or Estimating Manager role within T1/T2 space
- IT competency especially in MS Excel (Advanced), MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Competency with BidContender a benefit
- Experience in electronic measurement of drawings preferably with BIM measurement capability.
- Buildsoft measurement capability (Cubit and Global Estimating).or similar experience.
- Course qualification in measurement
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive and well-disciplined.
- Analytical mindset.
- Good communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- Self-confidence and ability to work with a variety of people
- Good customer service skills
- A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable and flexible
- Bachelor of Construction Project Management (Quantity Surveying) or related field
- Proven experience in preparing appropriate tenders with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with on screen take-off systems and various estimating software systems
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Membership of appropriate professional body.
- To prepare D&C tenders that fully encompass all of the documentation provided for tender.
- To Measure and price builder’s quantities
- To manage tender documentation
- To liaise with other professionals
- To effectively scope work packages and source Sub Contractor and Supplier quotes and prices
- To analyse data relating to land, buildings, or construction. Benchmarking
- To undertake due diligence in interpreting the cost/ risk implications of tender documentation. Allow for same in Tender cost or by way of qualifications and clarifications.
- Providing direction to programmers
- To identify value engineering items and evaluate implication
- Preparing project budgets and cash flows.
- Management and training of Junior Estimators
If you are wanting to apply for the role, please send a Word copy of your CV to email@example.com or apply through the link. If you are to be shortlisted for the role you will be contact within 48 hours.