Estimating Manager | Residential high-rise/mixed use | Melbourne
Having been in the construction game since 2006, this construction group have earned themselves an enviable reputation as being one of the 'go to' builders in Victoria. With multiple projects about to begin, this group pride themselves on working alongside their clients to achieve their vision specifically within budget and within the time restraints.
Due to the departure of a long-term staff member, the business is now seeking to employ an experienced Estimating Manager to manage a small team that includes a Senior and a Junior Estimator. This role will require someone with astute construction knowledge, having worked in the construction industry for a minimum of 10 years, and must have experience in residential multi-tower and basement structures.
This role will report directly to the CEO and will work closely with the company Directors, Construction team and Contract Administrators. The Estimating Manager will be a vital part of the executive leadership team and will be responsible for managing the estimating department.
- Overall responsibility for the performance of the estimation team and the delivery of the company's financial objective
- Drive the development and estimating business processes that will ensure quality and accurate estimates at the project level
- Develop and maintain supplier/sub-contractor information to enable the business to more effectively estimate projects
- Lead and actively participate in the management of various tenders
- Review and complete BID forms
- Evaluate bids and provide timely estimates
- Prepare, monitor and report on estimation process
- Ensure effective transition of successful tenders to the construction team
- Validate new sub-contractors and suppliers before submitting their price
- Have a full understanding of all sub-contract quote inclusions and exclusions
- Manage review packages supplied by sub-contractors and suppliers
- Proactive involvement in post tender negotiations
- Be confident to brief the project delivery team upon reward of tender prior to start of construction
- Be responsible for final review of complete tender documentation prior to submission
- Minimum 10 years proven estimation experience with a Quantity Surveying background in multi-level construction environment
- Tertiary qualifications within a building related discipline
- Proven pre-contract management and quotation tools
- Demonstrated skills in operating estimating applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to read and interpret engineering specifications, design drawings and contracts
- Will be an experienced team manager
If this position interests you, or you are interested in hearing more about similar roles please email Emma Chaffey - Emma@denovo.com.au.
All applications and conversations are confidential and no personal information will be released without your prior consent