Due to continued growth in Melbourne our client is now looking for an experienced volume home building Drafting Manager to further enhance their leadership team and assist with the growth of the business. The business prides itself on exceptional service and quality, and care for their staff.
Leading a strong team of talented drafters, this is a great opportunity for someone with solid experience of Drafting Management in the home building industry and who wants to join a growing company in a management capacity.
- Allocation of drafting tasks to the drafting team;
- Maintaining workflow target dates in line with company expectations;
- Review timelines / turnarounds etc.
- Weekly reporting to Management
- Ensuring that all drawings are completed with 100% accuracy to reflect our scope of the project as described in the specification, as well as in accordance with the companies standards;
- Have thorough knowledge of ArchiCAD
- Prepare staff performance reviews;
- Training & improvement of team;
- Liaise with professional consultants (engineers & energy raters etc);
- Liaise with key internal staff, being Administrators, Estimators, & Construction;
- Provide final approval (checking) for drawings going out of the drawing office. Making sure that every drawing is legible, professional, and adheres to whatever standards are being used on that particular project;
- Have a strong understanding of relevant RESCODE, NCC & Building Regs, etc.
- 3+ years of previous experience within the industry in a similar Drafting Manager role
- A highly organised individual with excellent time management skills
- Should be self-motivated and able to self-manage their workflow with minimum intervention from management
- Display a strong work ethic, ability to work independently as well as cohesively within a close team environment.
- Good attention to detail is essential
- Excellent and highly competitive starting salary on offer
- Working within a highly supportive and collaborative team environment.
- Opportunities for further career progression
- Working for a growing and innovative home building company
If you're interested in applying, please forward your updated resume (In MS-WORD Format) by clicking the 'Apply for this Job' button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly and all applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
In order to be considered for this position you MUST be eligible to work in Australia with no restrictions.
Best of luck!