DrafterTurning every project into specially designed spaces to reflect our clients needs, brand and values, our business is to infuse design, quality and creativity into all of our projects.
A career opportunity exists for an experienced production draft person with a leading commercial shopfitting operation based in Ashmore on the Gold Coast. My client is a multidisciplinary building company specialising in fitout and refurbishment.
They have over 4500m2 of in house operations which includes 2000m2 of workshop manufacturing space comprising both joinery and stainless steel production with an industry reputation for high quality. Our target profile is directed at design significant fitout works, which may include a degree of custom-built features and fixtures.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Drafting of production drawings for joinery and stainless steel shop drawings working from architectural documentation (design drawings, finishes/FFE schedules and specifications).
- Production paperwork for factory fabrication of both joinery and stainless steel
- Compiling material take off’s for purchasing.
- Liaising material/hardware suppliers.
- Working with design, production and project management teams to facilitate production specific drawings
- Qualities and Experience Required:
- Experience drafting for a commercial shopfit company
- Trade qualifications or experience as a shopfitter &/or with knowledge of both production and installation practices.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Archicad
- Excellent time management skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to multitask over several projects.
- An understanding of standard and modern construction methods.
- Ability to ensure compliance with contract specifications, building codes / regulations & OHS requirements
- Produce shop drawings and interpret sales / designers concept, drawings and brief documentation
- Work autonomously with an eye for detail
We are searching for a technical open-minded person with specific skills in the commercial cabinetmaking or shopfitting industry, experience in a similar role in a diverse range of projects, and a passion of quality.
You will work along-side our design team comprised of 3 staff and in conjunction with production and project managers.
This is a full time position available for immediate start. Remuneration is subject to suitability and experience for the position.
Please email CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0406 925 867.