Construction ManagerManaging 4 site supervisor and the onsite part of construction.
My client is a small but growing house builder, using innovative construction methods to build attractive houses across Gippsland, Outlying areas of Melbourne, and the Great Ocean Road. They also build in Southern NSW. The current Construction Manager is moving interstate, so they are looking for an experienced Construction Manager to take the role. Applications from experienced Project Managers or Senior Site Managers are also welcome.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Construction Manager leads the Construction Team of 4 Site Supervisors. You will take final responsibility for the progress of all projects on site, providing support and guidance to your team. You will lead on scheduling and ensure quality is maintained on all projects. Due to the large territory you will manage, the role includes significant driving and you are likely to spend about 4 nights a month away from home (for which expenses will be paid).
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years experience as a Construction or Project Manager
- Custom experience or experience with a small volume builder is preferred
- Be willing to drive and spend time away from home
- Take responsibility for outcomes on site
- Excellent salary and package (Exact offer depends on experience)
- Interesting projects in varied locations
- Supportive Managing Director who listens to his team