Construction ManagerThe Company
Denovo Recruitment are working with an industry-leading Tier 2 Construction contractor, that specialises in high-end commercial construction within the office, retail and healthcare space. This contractor has an impressive reputation for the luxury projects they deliver and have experienced a massive growth in the sector over the last 12 months.
With a large pipeline of projects, they have a new need for an experienced Construction Manager overlooking multiple projects centrally in Melbourne, Vic.
About the role
- Lead and mentor other members of the team
- Manage and supervise site staff and sub-contractors
- Manage onsite documentation efficiently
- Recording daily activities and cost tracking
- Assist with the programming of and procurement for the project
- Deliver works with your project team to forecast budget and delivery dates
- Lead ongoing cost improvements
- Maintain and develop customer relationships with key stakeholders
- Promote and develop a strong safety culture
- Continually improve the skill level of our site workforce
- Have an excellent attention to detail
- Deliver high quality work, while adhering to timelines
- Project's financial performance at completion and time phasing of financial parameters
- Manage Risks and opportunities in execution, and their potential impacts to project's financial performance
- Plan work activities and identify hazards and controls in consultation with contractors and Operations
- Supervision of the pre-construction, construction and commissioning phase
- Provide cost and schedule information to the nominated project owner to allow for accurate tracking of cost and schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience as an SPM or construction Manager, delivering large commercial and residential projects in excess of $30M.
- High level of proficiency with MS office suite of programs, Bluebeam and Vista construction software.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability.
- Good understanding of cost forecasting and detailed analysis financial parameters
- Experienced in delivering commercial projects in excess of $30M in value
- Excellent communication skills – with the ability to work with a range of characters
- Above market salary package.
- Genuine work/life balance.
- Flexible working options.
- Regular rewards and recognition for exceptional work completed.