Denovo are currently representing a large commercial client with a portfolio of many high profile and challenging projects, their work spans several sectors including commercial and residential high-rise, industrial, sporting, health, government, retail, education and tourism.
Our client offers their employees challenging and rewarding positions with opportunities for growth, learning and skills development.
We are looking to secure the services of an experienced Site Manager to a team based in Australian Capital Territory.
This permanent full-time position operates at a project level to assist the Project Manager in the day to day management of site activities, including safety, quality, environment, design management, development and managing any site related issues.
Strong leadership, ownership and accountability are fundamental to the success of this position.
Key activities include:
- Site organisation and staffing procedures;
- Safety, environment, time and quality control;
- Management of site team and sub-contractors;
- Supervision of industrial relations and safety matters;
- Liaison with Contracts Administrators;
- Procurement strategy and contribution to sub-contractor engagement processes;
- Site team leadership – internal staff and subcontractors and suppliers.
To be successful in this position the ideal candidate will have:
- Ten or more years’ experience working in the construction industry;
- Ten or more years’ experience in a Site Supervisor position;
- Experience driving program and site teams on complex and highly technical projects (e.g. large research or health related projects);
- A Senior First Aid Qualification;
- Strong Microsoft Project, Excel and Aconex skills;
- Well-developed leadership and communications skills;
- A solution focus and high commitment to customer service;
- Self-motivation, resilience and calmness under pressure;
- Desirable skills include: Bachelor’s Degree in Building and/ or Construction Management; Design training (BIM/REVIT).
If you meet these criteria and would like to work for a well-established company with growth potential and great market awareness, we encourage you to apply. Please send across a word copy of your CV for consideration to Kaydn@construct.com.au. IF you are shortlisted for the role you will be contacted within 48 hours.