This position is responsible for the sales of commercial flooring products in the Melbourne metro region. Backed by a strong and experienced team and working closely with the National Sales Manager, you will be accountable for tendering, sourcing and creating new business opportunities within the A&D, Commercial Contractor as well as key end users.
Key to this role is enthusiasm, initiative and above all else - sales ability. Essentially your mandate is to maximise the market share and grow the annual revenue base. Please note this is a field based position.
- Secure an existing pipeline of work
- To formulate and execute sales actions plans to stimulate interest in, increase knowledge of, build preference for, and generate demand
- To build and strengthen relationships with existing specifying contacts to establish confidence and secure future specifications
- To identify specifying organisations and build and maintain value adding relationships
- To ensure opportunities are identified, prioritised, tracked through to closure and win/loss reviews are conducted to measure success, identify learning's and capture market intelligence (competitor activity, trends, etc.)
- To manage input to the Customer Relationship and project tracking systems ensuring that information and data is up-to-date and relevant.
- To monitor measure and review field activities and outcomes to ensure plans are delivered as planned; and to recommend any corrective action as required.
- Identify new opportunities within the A&D market, whilst leveraging existing relationships
- Technical product support along with product presentations will be an ongoing part of this role
- An external sales background in the commercial flooring, rugs, carpets or tiles industry (min 3 years)
- A background in architectural specifications as well as following through to getting the order
- A strong network of existing T1 and T2 architects, designers and contractors
- A polished presenter - articulate and well presented
- Someone capable of seeing a project through from start to end
- $80-100k Base (negotiable dependent on experience)
- Performance related bonus
- Tools of trade including a mobile phone, laptop and fully maintained company vehicle
- Access to both formal and informal training and development opportunities