Our client is a leading Australian owned and operated business, specializing in the supply of eco friendly building products. With operations across Australia, our client has the capabilities to supply multi residential and commercial building projects. Internally, their team are diverse in culture, enjoy a work / life balance and thrive of setting high standards on work. Currently, our client has the need for a high quality Business Development Manager.
Working closely with the State Sales Manager, you will be championed with introducing and developing business with key Builders, fabricators, Contractors within the multi-res and commercial building market across the North & West of Melbourne, and be a key representative at industry events and entertainment functions. Key to this role is enthusiasm, initiative and above all else - sales ability. Essentially your mandate is to maximise the market share and grow the annual revenue base.
This role is 70% new buisness and you'll only be expected in then office 1 day per week.
- Secure an existing pipeline of work
- Identify new opportunities within the MultiRes / commercial builder market
- Full understanding of the channel and primary demand network and the ability to use product value proposition to leverage and influence both.
- Drive all product categories to achieve increased category share
- Drive innovative product training solutions to achieve 100% pull through in all key accounts
- Quoting clients with a range of products and other requirements
- Lead, mentor and motivate the internal sales and estimation team to ensure error free, timely quotations, follow ups & general sales & customer service activities
- Develop profitable price management strategies in liaison with the Sales Manager
- Provide technical support and input to fabricators, Architects and Builders to ensure that product advantages are demonstrated as part of an overall construction solution
- Responsible for maintaining regular contact with relevant stakeholders in order to secure work
- An external sales background in the building materials space - min 5 years
- Knowledge of the multi-res or commercial builder market
- Network of contacts such as Builders, Fabricators, Architects, Contractors
- Strong organisational, planning and negotiating skills
- A polished presenter - articulate and well presented
- An energetic character who enjoys a youthful environment, with a desire to further their career
- A stable career history
- Further education would be helpful
- North or Westerly based
- Although not a prerequisitie, candidates that have previously sold roofing, insulation, facades, cladding, glazing, HVAC or an energy efficient bulding solutions would be highly sought after
Provide us with the above skills and the benefits will include:
- $80,000 - 95,000 Base (negotiable dependent on experience)
- Car allowance $15,000
- Annual bonus (typically $10k on top)
- Tools of trade including a mobile phone, laptop
- Access to both formal and informal training and development opportunities
If you are interested in this or similar roles with Australia's leading sales & marketing recruitment firm, please APPLY NOW in WORD FORMAT with a covering letter or send your resume direct to Tom Jeffery - Tom.Jeffery@denovo.com.au