Denovo is currently representing a highly reputable Transport service enterprise established in 1988, providing total end-to-end logistics solutions with a consultative approach to offer tailored solutions using cutting edge technology that develop genuine partnerships within the industry.
Our client considers being a values-driven organisation which provide a framework for business activities and underpin the culture of the business. Their main values are to be professional, open and responsive to client and employee opinion, bringing continuous improvement to the business and their services whilst providing value and transparency in all that they do.
They currently own one of the largest on-demand crane and taxi truck fleets in Australia with facilities in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide.
Business Development Manager:
This opportunity has arisen due to a rising demand in our client’s services. As a business development manager, you will be required to acquire new accounts, manage and expand business within current accounts; ensure account profitability with high customer service levels. The incumbent will work closely and coordinate with the Operations team and, where necessary, with other regional operations. The role will be based close to Port Adelaide but you will be expected to be on the road 80% of the time.
The package on offer for this role is: 70 + super + commission + fully maintained vehicle
- Manage and maintain direct personal contact with an existing portfolio of customers; develop extensive knowledge of customer's business and their critical business issues; respond in a timely manner to all requests for information or quotations.
- Identify business opportunities with existing customers; prepare information packages on existing, new or value-added products; schedule meetings; provide solutions to match customer's needs.
- Identify prospective customers; prepare and send information packages on existing, new or value-added products and/or quotations to prospective customers; schedule meetings; provide solutions to match customer's needs.
- Respond promptly to requests from existing customers in relation to sales, pricing and resolution of problems.
- Monitor rate schedules in conjunction with the Branch Manager to ensure maximum margins achieved and, at the same time, ensuring that customer requirements can be seamlessly met.
- Monitor market trends; tenders opportunities; innovative service delivery; improvement initiatives; competitors service delivery; advise Branch Manager of possible impact on business
- Record all interactions with existing and prospective customers in the CRM database.
- Prepare and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports on sales activities to the Branch Manager.
- Comply and be actively involved with all relevant occupational, health, safety, security and environmental legislation, codes of practice, standards, policies, operating procedures and work instructions.
- Answer telephone and respond to telephone enquiries and other tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
- Quality assurance and continuous improvement
▪ Minimum two years’ experience in a similar results-driven sales role with demonstrated sales results.
▪ Proven ability to generate opportunities; build and maintain professional relationships and provide solutions.
▪ Sound practical knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office and CRM software.
▪ Strong level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
▪ A preparedness to learn and adopt new work practices, systems and procedures.
▪ Ability to work unsupervised; accept responsibility and act on directives.
▪ Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with sound technical competence.
▪ Self-motivated, highly efficient, proactive and professional with a respect for confidentiality.
▪ Previous experience in an organisation that is expanding quickly.
▪ Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline.
If you would like to apply for this role please send a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Joe on 02 9126 8403