Business Development Manager
|Job Title:||Business Development Manager|
|Job Published:||April 12, 2021 17:45|
Your job is identifying sales leads, pitch goods or services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new clients.
To succeed in this role, you should have excellent communication skills, stakeholder management skills and have a proven ability to negotiate with prospective clients.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
o Identify target markets, clients and prospects through internal connections, research, business connections and networking, economic analysis and commercial assessment
o Generating business by developing new and existing relationships within the fitout and construction market
o Working autonomously to set and exceed targets surrounding business growth
o Create plans for the development of long-term relationships with key clients in order to maximise future growth
o Gather industry information, develop conversion strategies, manage client and stakeholder engagement, and contribute to tenders and contract negotiation
o Develop relationships with key industry partners
o Prepare and manage professional pre-qualification documentation and other expression
of interest submissions.
o Developing growth strategies and plans
o Managing and retaining relationships with existing clients
o Increasing client base
o Having an in-depth knowledge of business products and value preposition
o Writing business proposals
o Negotiating with stakeholders
o Identifying and mapping business strengths and customer/client needs
o Researching business opportunities and viable income streams
o Following industry trends locally and internationally
o Drafting and reviewing Contracts
o Reporting on successes and areas needing improvement
As a manager at an organisation, this is a role that demands a qualification, or significant experience in the field.
Preferred Degrees for a Business Development Manager:
• Business Development
• Economic or Finance
Preferred: Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in Business Development
• Building and Construction Industry knowledge with strong client and stakeholder networks
• Strong relationship building, influencing and negotiation skills
• A background within the commercial fitout market is a must• An understanding of the New South Wales market with an existing network in the fit out industry
• Exceptional presentation and communication skills, with a natural ability to quickly build and manage business relationships.
• High attention to detail and industry knowledge
• An ability to work autonomously with a high level of self management
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
• Strong commercial acumen and understanding
• High level communication skills
• Stakeholder management skills
• Proven ability to negotiate
• Experience with design and implementation of business development strategy
• Conflict resolution
• The ability to self motivate
• Experience working to and exceeding targets
Please send proven sales history & CV to email@example.com or call 0406 925 867 for a confidential chat.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's