Bridge Drafting Manager - Tier 1 consultancy - North Sydney
Denovo are currently representing a top Engineering consultancy who are looking for an experienced Bridge engineer/drafter to come on board as their newly appointed Bridge Drafting Manager. Our client has more 70 years' experience designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects across Australia. They pride themselves on helping each employee develop within their career and help in areas where needed. The business prides themselves on being market leaders and attracting top, industry leading talent who you can learn from first hand.
The Bridge Drafting Manager position will be based in St Leonards in Sydney's, lower north shore. This is a senior appointment that would manage and lead the team in ongoing development and technical expertise within the bridges discipline.
Our client is an expert in the traffic and transport space and are currently growing rapidly in specific structural bridge projects, hence the drive-in recruitment for this role. The client works with a diverse range of clients and has a strong ambition to meet all client's wants and satisfaction. They works with state and local governments, developers, land owners and others, delivering traffic and transport solutions across Australia.
Our client is willing to pay up to 180K to find right person for this role
Successful candidates will have:
- 8+ years' experience in bridge drafting, including 2+ years' in supervisory role
- Experience working on RTA/RMS projects
- Proficiency in 2D Documentation tools is essential: AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Demonstrated use of BIM authoring tools: Revit, OpenBridge Modeler, Tekla Structures
- Understanding of BIM/Digital Engineering (DE) processes and ability to share this knowledge with the project teams
- Strong knowledge of best practice standards, guidelines, current trends and legislation
- Advanced knowledge in steel, RC, pre-stressed and post-tensioned concrete
- Understanding of federated models such as Naviswork's and Infraswork's
- Excellent communication skills and strong professional reputation delivering innovative and practical solutions
Successful candidates will be required to:
- Manage an experienced team of Bridge Drafters and push the available BIM resources in the company's and lead the bridges into BIM
- Deliver technical aspects of projects and developing innovative solutions to problems
- Apply appropriate standards and guidelines to the design
- Mentor, guide and develop existing members of the team
- Assist with managing projects, timelines and budgets
- Grow and manage client relationships for further business development
- Assist preparation of reports to State governments and other stakeholders
Benefits of the role:
- Modern office with excellent facilities and entertaining areas
- Accessible location next to bus and train routes
- Financial and corporate employee benefit offers and discounts
- Outstanding training and development opportunities
- Established recognition and rewards program
- Industry leading parental leave benefits
- Purchase leave scheme
- Additional personal leave for parents with children under 5
If you are interested in applying for this role and have the relative Australian experience, then please contact Joe on 02 9126 8403 or email across a Word formatted CV to Joe.G@denovo.com.au. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for this role.