Associate / Senior Associate Lawyer - Corporate Advisory / M&A
Competitive Salary and benefits on offer
An opportunity exists within a modern, independent and highly reputable national practice for a Corporate lawyer specialising in M&A and corporate advisory work.
A four office, leading independent firm with hundreds of staff, they are a mid-sized firm in terms of scale, with the capabilities of a large, high end multi-national practice, but having maintained a strong collaborative team culture.
They pride themselves on being accessible and down to earth lawyers who work hard for clients, hence their catalogue of awards across a range of practice areas nationally from the legal industry.
The firm works with a range of clients across Australia and overseas, offering high end legal advice at reasonable costs.
The Corporate Advisory team have wide ranging industry experience and are specialists in their fields, offering deep sector knowledge with commerciality and technical legal excellence in Corporate matters.
Led by leading and recommended Partners in the field, the team operates in sectors such as financial services, consumer goods, media and entertainment, technology and renewables.
The firm seek a Corporate/M&A Lawyer to join the Corporate Advisory team in their Sydney office. You will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of high-quality corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions (with a focus on private M&A), divestments, joint ventures, capital raisings, strategic commercial arrangements, corporate restructures, inbound and outbound international work and complex service and supply arrangements.
In contrast to some of the large international firms, this firm is structured such that all lawyers are given a good level of autonomy and opportunity to have the proper degree of client contact, whilst mentoring is on hand from Partners. The firm promote the development and recognition of lawyers at all levels of experience within the firm. Therefore, this role will offer the opportunity for hands on management of a range of matters and encouragement towards independence, with advice freely given by Partners. There will also be opportunity to work on high profile cases alongside the Partners as appropriate.
- Ideally 3-6 years PAE Lawyer with a career background in Corporate Advisory work.
- The role may suit either a lawyer from a smaller, boutique practice looking for further exposure to higher profile matters OR a lawyer from a large corporate international firm, seeking more autonomy and recognition in a mid-size, collegiate environment.
- Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Strong drafting and negotiation ability.
- Technically sound legal understanding and advisory services.
In return the firm are able to offer a highly competitive salary and package. Your sense of achievement and fulfilment at work is important to the firm and as such they offer benefits including:
- Mentoring and sponsorship opportunities
- Charity leave and a robust community partnership program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Further education and supportive learning and development opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership
- Active social and sporting events
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Jenny Bull at Denovo Recruitment for a confidential discussion on 0473 745 468 or email to email@example.com.